Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Hey BWT FUCK YOU

Cowboys 41, Eagles 37. BITCH.

I did not expect to win this game. Perhaps it was watching the Mets look like shit yet again facing an inferior NL East foe in September that set the stage...I don't know. It's hard to say, but I watched this game with a skeptical eye from the opening snap. Then, within 5 minutes of each other, Elijah Dukes hit a 3 run homer to make the Mets/Nats game 7-1, and Tony Romo fumbled in the end zone to give the Eagles a 27-21 lead. I am pretty sure that at this point, I temporarily lost the ability to speak, and I went for a walk around my neighborhood while contemplating suicide.

But it got better, and now that the Cowboys have won, I can say that this was one of the best games of the season. Six lead changes, lots of scoring, offenses that were clearly outplaying their opposing defense...the game became fun and terrifying at the same time, if that makes sense. Arrogance when the Cowboys had the ball, terror when the Eagles had the ball (well, until the last 2 minutes...I knew McNabb wasn't leading a 4th quarter comeback, that's not what he does)...the best of what NFL football is supposed to be, especially since the good guys won in the end.

Next week's game will probably be just as fun, Dallas at Green Bay. The Pack have shown they can put some points on the board too, but they bring the bad ass defense to the table too. Should be a fun game, or at least more fun than Packers/Lions (sorry Neil), and the best news is, it will be preceded by a 1 hour, 3 set, 9 man pregame show on NBC!

No comments: