Sunday, September 7, 2008

Titans Survive. Vince Does Not

Didn't have the chance to watch the Titans and the Jags today even though, because I live in Florida, this was one of the two games I will get this year. Despite the fact that Jimmy Kimmel berates me, during every commercial break of every program I watch, for only getting four games on cable, my love of football does not extend to getting Direct TV. It is actually kind of sad in that I get to watch my English football team, West Ham United, five times as much as I do my NFL team. Oh well.

On this blog I routinely said that the problem with the Tennessee offense was the lack of a big time WR to compliment Vince Young (Peace Be With Him). Bo Scaife apparently stepped up today and piled up over 100 yards, but I doubt he has the consistency to do this on a regular basis. Alge Crumpler was a good pick up (though he is still no Frank Wychek) but he isn't mobile enough to move out to the slot as a deep threat. I'm scared that the ground game just won't cut it despite rookie Chris Johnson.

The bigger problem, of course, is that Vince (Peace Be With Him) tore his MCL and is out for two to four weeks. That leaves the offense in the hands of your friend and mine Kerry Collins. Ingle Martin, who I railed on as an ineffective quarterback now moves from the practice squad to the main roster and is one bad ankle turn away from actually playing in a game that matters, and that is a scary thought.

No comments: