Friday, January 4, 2008

Titans Playoff Crack-up Starts Early


Greetings from the annual meeting of the American Historical Association, where there are more fakes and phonies than the quarterly training session at Hooters. While taking a break from trying to sell myself, I noticed the current plight of the Titans. Vince Young (Peace Be With Him) is able to practice, but two of his top three receivers went out due to semi-serious leg injuries suffered on the training ground. Why you push your players that hard after Week 17 is beyond me. I guess by now I should trust Jeff Fisher, who is a really good coach and deserves a lifetime of praise for his quip about Altell Stadium in Jax being the Titans' "other home field," but it seems like everytime the playoffs come up there is some sort of tragic collapse. If Vince (Peace Be With Him) doesn't play than Kerry Collins will start, which is the equivalent of going to a Johnny Cash show and getting Eddie Rabbit instead.

No comments: