Sunday, November 22, 2009

Sportsgasm

Things like that don't happen to the Detroit Lions. They don't get those kinds of breaks. They don't win on last second miracles. They don't have the kind of leadership, the kind of quarterback, to keep clawing away long after they have been beaten and left for dead, their shoulders ripped apart and their hopes shattered. They don't get their Hail Mary's answered and they don't get to celebrate wildly at the ends of games while their fans jump up and down, high five complete strangers and scream idiot gibberish at the television, speaking in some wild tongue born out of both shock and joy. These things do not happen. Not to the Lions, not to us.

They did today. No matter what happened yesterday and no matter what happens tomorrow, they did today.

I might post something else later. I might not. For right now, I just want to smile like a retard.

4 comments:

Andrew TSKS said...

The NFL Network played this game tonight and I DVR-ed it. I am thinking I will watch it Friday afternoon after I get off work from my shitty seasonal mall kiosk job.

Really happy for you guys.

Neil said...

Thanks, my dude.

Really, it was an exciting game with a bunch of offense and an awesome finish.

yanmaneee said...

adidas nmd
canada goose
nike air vapormax
goyard
kobe shoes
kd 12
converse outlet
air jordans
custom baseball jerseys
kyrie 3

tiratoez said...

look at this web-site replica dolabuy go to my blog Louis Vuitton fake Bags this article replica bags online