Tuesday, December 16, 2008

9-5 Records Are Like Assholes Cuz Everybodies Got One

The Patriots handled their business and beat the shit out of the Oakland Raiders 49-26 behind 4 TD passes from Matt Cassel. They improved to 9-5 on the season but it was moot because they merely kept pace with the Miami Dolphins who won yet another game and the New York Jets who managed to get a victory when they had all but lost the game. So it's back to the drawing board for the Patriots who are in need of another win and a loss from either or both of their AFC East rivals next week.

There is a possibility that the Patriots could win out for the rest of the season, end the year with an 11-5 (.688) record and still manage to miss the playoffs due to their head to head and division records against the Miami Dolphins and New York Jets. In any event, the Patriots need to put it all together again and pull out a win versus the Arizona Cardinals then hope that the Dolphins or Jets catch a bad one.

Here on Armchair Linebacker, several team bloggers hate my guts for complaining about about having a winning team. I'll continue to write what I want and I'll even do what I did last year and do recaps of playoff games. Quick question: Where's Chinballs? Isn't he a Patriots fan or some shit like that? Well, either way I'm not going anywhere. Check me out @ Poisonous Paragraphs for posts about Hip Hop, Sports and Film related fuckery.

One.

6 comments:

Ron said...

Your title is factually inaccurate. The Titans are currently 12-2.

David R. said...

Either the admins don't know how to ban a blogger, or there's some semi-inspired Mad Lib sock-puppet action happening here.

Dart Adams said...

@ David:

Why would the administrators ban ME? Are you aware that Armchair Linebacker is a spinoff of the Dumpin.net football posts that I used to comment on since back in 2007? When Armchair Linebacker was started the first writer recruited for it that wasn't a Dumpin contributor was ME.

Go back through last season's posts and who wrote the most? ME. Who did recaps of the entire playoffs and even during the offeason (thereby keeping this blog alive before other contributors were brought in? Here's a hint: ME.

I'm not going anywhere, David. Just hate it because my thousands of readers (advanced Google search me sometime) like to frequent this blog because I write here and I'm known for my sports writing.

SMH.

One.

Dart Adams said...

@ Ron:

The Titans aren't in the AFC East and they have no bearing on the Patriots playoff hopes.

One.

Ron said...

Dart,

The word "everybody" implies well, everybody. While our teams are clearly not in the same division, the Titans would fall under the totality of "everybody." A more accurate title might be "...Everybody in the AFC East has one"

Not to be a pedant or anything.

Dart Adams said...

@ Ron:

You are witnessing the marvel of provincial Bostonian/New England thinking in action. If it doesn't relate to the Patriots playoff life I wasn't gonna even take it into consideration. I'll only think about them in the event the Patriots ACTUALLY make the playoffs.

For now, the AFC East is the world as far as football is concerned.

One.